Friday, March 20, 2009

St. George Spring Fever

Can you say SPRING FEVER. . . .
We took the kids to St. George this weekend.  It was so warm (compared to Salt Lake).  We tried out a new hotel with an indoor swimming pool.  It was a hit!  The only complaint. . . fire alarm going off at 10:00 p.m. The scariest thing was my kids didn't even budge.  I had heard that kids will sleep through alarms but I didn't think that was possible.  Well it is.  Ellie is such a great little swimmer and pretty good on her own.  Sam is learning still but is an absolute little fish.  He never wanted to stop.

Classic picture in the rocking chair outside Chevron in Beaver.


It's rare to get a picture of Ellie when she is not pulling a funny face.  I love this goofy girl!


We went and explored some lava caves in Snow Canyon.  The caves were so cool, they went completely underground.  However, it was a little scary how dark and cold it got the further you went in. Also scary.... the "mouse/rat" the size of a small cat I saw while in there.  Needless to say Ellie and I were outta there!

Samuel brought his "bone" and arrow to scare off any animals.  He is such a boy.

My sweet little boy!





Classic Samuel "pout" face!



You know when you have those parenting moments of looking back and thinking "I can't believe I did that", yeah this is one of those.  We climbed the top of this mountain that had huge drops.  Going up was fine.  Looking from the top...scary!!







This is the back side of the mountain.  I know it doesn't look that scary or impressive.  Believe me it was huge!!

1 comment:

  1. Take us with you next time. That looks like so much fun (minus the rat).

    I'm loving the photo of Sam giving Ellie a hug.

    ReplyDelete